Sunday, June 8, 2008
Week 23 {Sesame Street}
The past few months I have jokingly made comments to Frank about how I was subconsciously forcing Maelee to like Sesame Street. All I was doing was turning it on every morning at 8 and basically it would be background noise while she would roam around the house with books, climb the stairs, play in the pantry, and tease Chloe until the TV would turn off at 9 when it was over. The only time she would stop to actually watch it was when she heard the Elmo's World music and then she would wander back to the TV to watch that day's Mr. Noodle fiasco. BUT lately she has become obsessed with watching the Sesame Street movies that we have. Mainly Sing Yourself Silly. She will open up our drawers that hold the DVD's and pull them all out until the finds Sing Along, Monster Hit's, and Big Bird Sings. She carries them around with her for a while and then hands them to be proudly.
I can't say that I'm sad that she like's Sesame Street. It's pretty cool actually since I grew up loving it and Sing Yourself Silly was one of me and my brother's favorite movies as well. I just feel a little guilty for "training" her to watch TV (she literally sits like a statue for the 25 minutes it takes to watch Sing Yourself Silly). So everything in moderation...but here's to you Sesame Street and Sing Yourself Silly! Thanks for teaching us that banana's don't grow alone and that ladybugs do talk about the high price of furniture and rugs and fire insurance for lady bugs at their pic-nics and that you need to put down the ducky if you want to play the saxophone.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That is so cute! If you think that 25 minutes is bad...you should see my kids. SHEESH!
I have been peeking at your blog from Jami's .
Atleast you just have Maelee, I have 3 others who sing that same songs from that same movie, when ever the movie is on. Sing yourself Silly!
Thank you Sesame Street!
I think I can sing and say the whole sesame street 'peter and wolf DVD, while sleeping.
Oh the joys of kids.
We were the Bushmans from Showlow, now ABQ. and Jami's sister and brother in law-- just if you were wondering. The ones with all of the boys. --Frank will know us!
Welcome to the world of life saving or should I say sanity saving kids shows. Don't worry she will turn out just great. The same thoughts ran through my mind back in the day. Sounds like you have a Maelee Einstein on your hands, I can't believe she even knows which show it is. The picture of her in the cupboard...is that her special kitchen cupboard?? I took your advice on that for Dax but he much prefers the clatter of the glass pyrex dishes. Your picture of the before and after...so funny. Can you even guesstimate how many times you have cleaned up that mess just so she can pull it all out again...Your such a great mom, tell Maelee we love her super model shots...I can tell she is not camera shy!
Post a Comment