Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mama

It was a terrific 1st Mother's Day. Between wonderfully large chocolate bars at church, a sweet husband, and a perfectly amazing baby daughter my life is blessed more than I can express.


What I am extra thankful today is also my own Mother and my Mother-in-law.
My mom: teacher, friend, patient, long suffering, slow to anger, Christlike, beautiful, tall (over six feet), baker, Mexican food maker extraordinaire, empathetic, example to me, inspirational.
My Mother In Law: Nana, nurse to all, caretaker, always has treated me as one of her own, presses forward, camper, Christlike, gorgeous, soft hearted, famous hugger, grandbaby squeezer, a large part of why my husband is the man he is today.
Mom and Polly thanks for being the women you are and the Mother's you have always been! You teach me, you love me, and you are the best examples a new mother like me could ask for! Thanks for your advice, council, love, and friendship!

5 comments:

the cakes said...

I'm so glad that you enjoyed the movie. I could go on and on quoting it. "Refund! Refund!" Ha Ha : )
I enjoy reading your blog and hearing all the fun things your little Malee is doing. Reminds me of Nora.
You're an amazing, courageous mom. I can tell that even from not have met you in person.
Here's to a happy week!

Sommer said...

Amen to Sharon... she is fabulous!

Julie Clark said...

I have to agree Polly is awsome, she's always considered me "ONE OF HER OWN" and it always meant a lot to me. It's great to see Polly as a grandma, she always lights up when I see her around them.

Bubba said...

These two comments were posted by Bubba, Julie's name appers as default.

Coree Adams said...

awww that pic of P and M is so cute!