Orson was born last week! I thought he would never come but he is here and well. When I did finally feel like I was going into labor Frank came home from work, we dropped off the kids with their Aunt, checked into the hospital by 12 noon and he was born at 6:47pm. We had to wait for 2 rounds of antibiotics to run through my IV before he could be born. The IV drip started off at 12 at a pretty slow pace and the nurses changed a couple of times so it took until 6:30 for the IV to finish and then he was officially born at 6:47pm.
Here above is Orson and I's first picture together. We were so happy that he came out with strong lungs and sounding so good. Knowing he had CF before hand let the neonatologist be ready at the delivery to look him over immediately.
Here is the classic puffy baby picture.
Here is Orson with Frank. Don't worry we had his traditional FSU labor and delivery shirt ready and he changed into it before we left for the hospital. He has officially worn the same Florida State shirt for all 3 kids deliveries. This was the day after so he doesn't have the shirt on here, but a Dutch Harbor shirt is a pretty cool dad shirt too.
This is Maelee with her new brother. Boy was she walking on sunshine that morning that she met him. She held him on the couch in my hospital room for 30 minutes just quietly talking to him and enjoying finally having him in her arms.
Big brother Chuck was just as excited to see his brother Orson, but like his father took the chance to be a walking joke machine as opposed to the Mama Bear approach that Maelee took.
Bebe took as many opportunities as she could to love Orson. She knows me well and brought me delicious treats in the hospital like Oreo Blizzards (thank heavens there was a DQ close by my hospital), and even came at the crack of dawn before work one morning with Einstein bagels and sat with Orson so I could shower.
Frank and I both appreciate a good familiar daily routine and value getting and keeping the kids on a schedule but heaven knows the first week with a baby home is anything but scheduled so we took the opportunity to take luxurious naps on the couch with our new boy.
Papa came to visit with Nana. Orson is named after Papa's Dad.
Orson's middle name is Leroy after Nana's dad. His second middle name is Max after my Grandpa. Orson Leroy Max.
Orson on the way home from the hospital.
Frank was beyond words helpful this week while he was off work with the kids, chores, grocery shopping, and helping me to rest. I am so thankful for a husband who is unselfish and devoted to our family. This is the first time he has been able to stay home with any of the babies after they were born because with the other two he had just started a new jobs so it was a chance for me to find out what I missed.
5 comments:
I can't believe you have three kids either! I didn't even know you were pregnant! That is really exciting. Congratulations!
We are moving back to Arizona next month! We will be living in Maricopa though. But hopefully we can still get together with you guys sometime after we settle in. It's been a long time!
Congratulations! Ethan and I loved looking at these pics. Orson is adorable, and his older brother and sister are such cuties too.
Good luck with three kids . . . I feel like I'm still adjusting and Caleb is almost one! :)
Congratulations! He is a beautiful baby!
I haven't looked at blogs in a long time. Thanks for the pictures. Orson is an awesome name and he is a cute little guy. We can't wait to see him in person.
The baby looks great. I am pregnant with my 3rd now and due in May
Post a Comment