Thursday, May 6, 2010

Camping April 2010

I like to put on a show, mainly for Frank, about how much I dislike camping. He seems to expect it so I go ahead. I wouldn't want to disappoint him. My new favorite thing to do is to wake up on the last morning of camping and sing about how we are going home. Really its not too bad. This year for the April annual Adams side of the family reunion we had some memorable moments.

Uncle Rick let us borrow his sweet ride so I could go ahead and pack the whole house to take with us and not have Frank fret about fitting it in the car. Here are the kids excited to leave and have a camping adventure.

Here is Frank and I in the front of the truck ready to leave the concrete and get into the almost woods.I must say we are lucky to have an awesome tent with room to host a camp fireside and dance if we wanted. Here is a family classic picture of the kids sitting on Papa's canopy. Chuck's little bum did not slip all the way through thank heavens. Besides the rousing game of "would you rather" and "minute to win it," my favorite thing to do while camping is to shoot my BB gun. I had a few camp experts help me "adjust my sight" and then I was in business. Thanks Uncle Curtis and Roy. Maelee liked to shoot my gun too but didn't spend 2 hours doing it like Brandie and I did. Like Frank said when I was given my gun for Christmas 5 years ago, "if any empty soda cans sneak up on us Kamarah will be ready to defend us."
Other than that we enjoyed being together as a family,


Maelee stole cousin Hunter's cowboy hat and wooped it up in Papa's truck with Mike, and last but not leastCharles spent the weekend taking dirt samples and helping us win the "crying tent" award on the last night.Oh and the girls not only hunted for, but successfully caught both dinosaurs and their each individual pet squirrels while we camped.

No comments: