Thursday, January 10, 2008

Chariots of Fire

When I look at these pictures and see Maelee figuring out how to crawl all I can think of is the theme music from Chariots of Fire.

{belly down on the ground}
{Arms supporting body}{knees and arms supporting body}

Now after she gets up on her elbows and knees she lunges as far as she can towards the object of her desire (usually the dogs nasty bone and not one of her fun clean toys) and is pretty much crawling around if she has enough motivation. She helicopters around like a mad woman too when she is playing. And as all parents inevitably say, Frank and I both say she is growing up too fast. True, our once seemingly fragile little newborn is a bouncy 6 month old with lots to do. She is a ton of fun to play with now and has learned to like ball caps, dadquakes, hair, and of course sticking her tongue out and squealing. Work it Maelee, work it.

2 comments:

Coree Adams said...

Oh my goodness!!! I can't believe she is already trying to crawl! I think we have a ways yet for Ash. Seeing as tummy time is still not her fave and she doesn't understand the concept of putting her arms down they just stick straight out to the sides liek she is an airplane. Anyway, that is so great!!!

Enjoy the Journey said...

Dadquakes... that sounds like a riot! Maybe a video of that is needed!u