Thursday, April 2, 2009

March Mayhem

On March 2nd 2009 Maelee said goodbye to diapers. The ideas I chose to help me help her learn are from the "3 Day Potty Training Method." I personally loved the woman's ideas who wrote up the method. Completely positive and based on the idea that potty training is a skill just like learning to walk and eat with a spoon - you would never punish a child for falling when they learned to walk? Why would you when they are leaning to use the toilet? I realized from the start that 3 day's to be completely trained was unrealistic - but for Maelee to have the basic idea by then was my goal. It was a lot of hard work, stressful, and crazy at first but it has gotten much better and I am so proud of Maelee. It is now April 2nd 2009 and Maelee remains diaper, pull up or anything but panty free! She is such a big girl and doing so well.


Besides our PT adventures March was already a big month for us. I turned a quarter of a century years old (yikes), Frank and I celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary with bottomless pomegranate blueberry drinks and more, our niece Ty turned 7, my sweet Grandpa turned 84, my mother in law celebrated a birthday, and my nephew Hayden turned 5!


Below is our picture journal of the month of March:

{Me continuing to try and meet my New Year's goal of having decorations for holidays}
{Our neighborhood St. Patrick's Day cookie decorating party. One wild and crazy morning filled with sprinkles, green dye, and friends}{This is Colton's cookie, but you get the picture. A lot of these sprinkles ended up in Lethan's hair, I told you it was a wild morning} {Maelee and me wearing green to show no pinching allowed}
{We had some fun Spring break cousin's come over one morning. Maelee still talks about it and asks to see the pictures of Paige and Kaylee on the camera all the time}
{Celebrating my Grandpa's 84th birthday on the back porch}
{25 years for me and counting}
{Maelee and Dad admiring our first opened tub of wheat. We started grinding our wheat and making our own delicious wheat bread this month thanks to inspiration from a bread class I was able to go to that gave me confidence!}
{Some birthday flowers, thanks Anna and Cammie again!}
{Maelee giving Chloe some love}
{Maelee showing Dad how to get ripped...get strong...quick! On his Iron Gym}
{A morning filled with chalk and popcorn}
{Maelee in the classic Mama shoe picture}
{Maelee and two of her cousins. Maelee loved Samantha's shirt - boy was she excited when she realized she had the same one herself}
{Spent a morning at Krispy Kreme, its good to have you back - sorry it took us so long to visit you}


{Maelee and Mama in their matching Easter dresses}
{Brown FHE at Ed's house}

{Blowing out candles. After this Maelee practiced all weekend blowing out candles on pieces of bread with her Dad. I asked her yesterday what she thought we should get her Dad for his birthday in April and she said "candles"}
{Cold Stone Ice cream cake, yum}
{Birthday flowers from my love}
{Maelee even squeezed in a visit with Nana and Papa for the month of March}

5 comments:

Ashley said...

It was fun to see pictures from your month of March. Maelee is sure a cutie. Congrats on getting her potty trained. That book sounds great - I will have to keep it in mind for someday when I need it.

Mary said...

Kamarah,
Your blog is so fun! Love the pictures!!

Sara L said...

Oh wow! So impressed with Maelee's mad potty training skills. Boys are alot harder, be forewarned. Good job Maelee!!! BTW, love your cowboy boots!

Coree Adams said...

I absolutely cannot believe that Maelee is potty training! I would LOVE to have Ashlee potty trained right now, but realistically it won't be for a while. So happy for you! Having 2 kids in diapers at the same time is no fun!

Sarah's Place said...

Congrat's on the Potty Training! That is one of the hardest things to do as a parent, I think. Good job to you and Maelee! Always love to look at your pics, too.