When Dad pulled up here on our way to Gilroy or San Francisco as kids we would roll our eyes - but now I wish I could go back. Frank teases me because I use it a lot of fresh garlic in our cooking, especially since I got a free Microblade in the mail. And believe it or not this pungent little cooking ingredient has the reputation for cold & flu prevention, repelling bugs (and the opposite sex I suppose - but if they don't like garlic then who needs them anyway I say), and curing acne (who knew! I did just read this online though). Here's to you garlic, welcome to my list of 52 blessings for 2008. I am a little embarrassed to say though that now half of my blessings for the year are food items.....yikes.Sunday, February 10, 2008
Blessing #6 {Garlic}
Call me stinky, smelly and other choice names if you will but my blessing for week 6 of 2008 52 blessings is garlic. It took me some time to come around. As a kid I visited this place below half a dozen times on our way to California vacations....Garlic World
When Dad pulled up here on our way to Gilroy or San Francisco as kids we would roll our eyes - but now I wish I could go back. Frank teases me because I use it a lot of fresh garlic in our cooking, especially since I got a free Microblade in the mail. And believe it or not this pungent little cooking ingredient has the reputation for cold & flu prevention, repelling bugs (and the opposite sex I suppose - but if they don't like garlic then who needs them anyway I say), and curing acne (who knew! I did just read this online though). Here's to you garlic, welcome to my list of 52 blessings for 2008. I am a little embarrassed to say though that now half of my blessings for the year are food items.....yikes.
When Dad pulled up here on our way to Gilroy or San Francisco as kids we would roll our eyes - but now I wish I could go back. Frank teases me because I use it a lot of fresh garlic in our cooking, especially since I got a free Microblade in the mail. And believe it or not this pungent little cooking ingredient has the reputation for cold & flu prevention, repelling bugs (and the opposite sex I suppose - but if they don't like garlic then who needs them anyway I say), and curing acne (who knew! I did just read this online though). Here's to you garlic, welcome to my list of 52 blessings for 2008. I am a little embarrassed to say though that now half of my blessings for the year are food items.....yikes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Maybe you could teach me how to cook with it! I have a really yummy chicken, spinach, artichoke recipe that calls for it, but I am too chicken to try it!
In ohio the have all kinds of crazy festivals. Popcorn festival, strawberry festival, gourd festival, potatoe festival and even a GARLIC FESTIVAL! ...haha you would love it! you can smell garlic miles away from the place they hold the event. Its pretty hilarious :)
No worries Kamarah. Food is definitely one of our many blessings. haha Garlic is mighty tasty. I didn't care for it much as a child, but since I am now a die hard Rachael Ray fan, and she pretty much uses fresh garlic in every dish she makes..I too love fresh garlic. However I have discovered (since I HATE smashing garlic and getting the smell all over my hands to NEVER go away) that you can buy minced garlic at the store. In fact Walmart and Costco have a nice sized one for not too bad a price. So...I'm right there with ya!!
I'm with you. I love garlic and cook with it all the time.
Post a Comment