Sunday, April 6, 2008

For Future Maelee

Dear future Maelee,

Here are a few things that happened this week that I want to remember:

You and Chloe loved sharing blankets this week. As soon as I lay one on the ground its a race between you two to see who can get to the middle of the blanket first.

You have done so good with your nebulizer treatments this week. You started to let me read your Mother Goose books to you will we sit for the few minutes it takes for the treatment. Our favorite is Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear. You hold very still and we get through all six books. You can see them in the little pink box behind you in this picture.

You helped me count up the food storage so we could see where we were at in mama's silly blind ordering of cans so we can make an actual plan. You and daddy were playing while I tallied up what we had so far, but you snuck away a couple of times to inspect my work.


You took your very first bath in the big tub. I just couldn't seem to face the fact that you were too big for your little blue baby tub, but finally on Friday I did. Don't get any funny idea's though you are still a baby and you can't grow up any faster than you already are.


You and Daddy had a lot of fun this week. You love to stand up on your own for a few seconds and then do a stunt dive into your Daddy to land laughing and ready for more. He told me while I was gone yesterday you did that for 45 minutes, stand - dive - laugh - stand - dive - laugh. He also said that you didn't have any poopy diapers and took a two hour nap. I am wondering why you save the two hour afternoon naps and only the pee diapers for Dad.

Another one of your favorite ways to pass the time this week is reading Daddy Hugs by Karen Katz. It's one of the few books you will hold very still for and listen too all the way through. Daddy and I love to read it to you and to enjoy a few minutes of you letting us hold you on our laps.
And in case you are reading this Maelee as a mother one day, no our week was not perfect! But these are a few moments that were and I want to remember!

6 comments:

Bethany and Cameron said...

Okay, that was so sweet, Kamarah! What a great idea.:) She is such a cutie!

Coree Adams said...

That is too cute. She is so big! I can't wait to hang out with you guys at the reunion!

Ashley said...

This is sweet. I'm sure she will love reading this someday. You should make your blog into a book so she can read it easily when she's older.

Heidi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Julie Clark said...

Those are such sweet moments to capture..way to take the time to do it (cause we both know you don't have alot of that laying around). I can't believe she will actually sit still for her stories..way to go Super Mom! Tell Frank Happy Birthday and thanks for being such a great friend to my hubby (and I can tell a great Daddy to Maelee)!

The Fletchies said...

I love this post. It is so sweet. I hope you are printing all these out for her to read! She will love to read what you had to say later.