Saturday, April 26, 2008

Team MAMA Lou

What can we say about our first Great Strides walk but THANKS! We had 44 walkers (Daddy, Mama, Aunt Brandie, Uncle Steve, J-Mo, Gramy B, Uncle Selby, Uncle Eddie, Aunt Karina, Aunt Amie, Uncle Jon, Aunt Susan, Uncle Richard, Ali, Matt, Sarah, Paige C, Kaylee, Mel, Dave, Bri, Peyton, Paige A, Tawni, Broc, Spencer, Britton, Bubba, Julie, Kail, Dax, Aunt Jami, Uncle Rick, Nana, Papa, Aunt Megan, Ty, Samantha, Dalton, Cameron, Beth, Haylee, Kerensa, Aliana), and many others who supported us in other ways! Our team raised $725 to help cure cystic fibrosis! We had other walkers in spirit, Aunt Melissa in NC and her family would have loved to have been there along with cousins Bryan and Coree and there sweet family.
As with most big events in my life and my picture and or videoing skills I look back and wish I would have done better (i.e.; accidentally having the video camera on standby when Frank walked across the graduation podium at ASU, but getting an hour of crowd shots beforehand) so if you were a walker and have some fun shots send them over to me (weddinghairgirl@gmail.com).
Below are some of the shots from walk day, I tried to get a picture of all the walkers please forgive me for not succeeding.
Maelee doing the classic Frank Adams fist pump getting us psyched up. After a belly full of oatmeal and applesauce she was ready for the big day.
Waiting for our walkers at Kiwanis. Lots of clapping and cheering.Maelee and Daddy in their team shirts. On a side note for those of you who know about Frank's brand strike he is excited to be able to throw these shirts into the mix with his FSU shirts.
Cluff cousins ready to get down to business! Comerford Clan geared up with stroller in tow for baby Haylee.
Clark kids and mama Julie, smiles as always!
Mel and Dave, hydrated and ready to walk!
Bri and Patton waiting to start the walking party! The whole group before the walk, lots of love to all our walkers!
Something interesting about people with CF is that they aren't supposed to be in close proximity to each other due to the ability they have to spread to each other certain bacteria that can be damaging. This bacteria doesn't effect non CF humans but can be very detrimental to those with CF. Since it was our first year walking I was nervous about how I was going to keep Maelee from being around other people with CF. Because of this worry she stayed behind with the coolers and food with Daddy and Gramy B while we all walked. Now that I see that our little group stayed together well and we were surrounded the whole time by our group she will definitely go next year on the actual walk. Daddy brought her over so she could walk across the finish line with me.
It was such a happy day! Our team stepped in at the end of the pack so we had the chance to see the long line of walkers ahead of us. We got to see all the other teams full of family and friends just like us who all love someone and have someone in their life with CF. It was very amazing to Frank and I to see all the people who care about Maelee and others with CF enough to stop their own lives and come out and walk 3 miles as a physical tangible display of their love and support. Our family and friends drove from Show Low, Tucson, Maricopa, Queen Creek, Mesa, and Tempe to do this with us and it means so much. Thank you, thank you, thank you to our walkers, family, friends, and other supporters who even just said "hey guys good luck!" Not just on walk day but everyday we know, see, and feel that we are surrounded by outstanding individuals who love us!

8 comments:

Ashley said...

What a great thing you guys did! It sounds like it was an awesome experience.

Grandma Sue said...

It looks like you had good success with your walk. Wish we could have been there. Give Maelee a hug for me.

Aunt Sue

Bird Man Pratt said...

Wow, Frank, Kamrah and Maelee

I wish I was there to support you. sounds like you had an awsome time!

Coree Adams said...

I'm in tears! I am seriously so sad that we couldn't be there!!! I am so glad you had such a great turn out. That little girl is so loved! Next year!!!!

Bre said...

We had a great time at the walk! Thanks again for everything you did for it. Peyton now wants to wear his shirt all the time (even though he didn't want to wear it at the walk). He wears it to bed every night. I'm so glad we were able to be a part of the walk.

Bethany and Cameron said...

We're so pumped for next year--hot pink shirts, right???:) We had such a great time! Love you Maelee!

Julie said...

Hey I found your blog! What an awesome thing you all do! Very cool!

Julie said...

oh yeah...where do you get those stretchy headbands for your little girl's hair? Do you make them? I need some for my SIL!