Thursday, September 11, 2008

Blessing 37 {Angels}

This week's blessing is our family angels. My immediate family often comments about this or that experience in their lives and will attribute a good outcome in a sticky situation to our Dad or other family angels that know just when to watch out for us. Yesterday I had made cinnamon rolls. I was taking them out of the oven at the same time as I was getting dinner ready, mixing Maelee's enzymes for her milk, dodging the dog and Maelee around my legs, etc. It was a regular crazy right-before-dad-gets-home kind of afternoon. I decided that to keep my kitchen counter clear for dinner preparation and to cool my cinnamon rolls faster I would set them on the dinner table underneath the fan. I quickly set the scalding fresh from the oven pan on top of the table and continued about the other 10 things I was trying to get done. It seemed like 2 seconds later when I went to discover why I couldn't see or hear Maelee I turned the corner to find her on all fours on the kitchen table with her fingers dug into the cinnamon rolls. I screamed her name as I ran to get her off the table because I was not only startled that she had climbed onto the table so fast, but also terrified that she was going to be covered in burns on her knees and hands. As I scooped her off the table to survey the damage I found no burns and no hurt spots. Maelee didn't even burst into tears like I thought she would after I screamed her name like a crazy women. She was just happy she had gotten a taste and I was overjoyed she had been protected and wasn't hurt. Our morning prayers had been answered as my sweet Maelee was kept safe. Her Grandpa Brown must have gotten to take a break from his work and been there to keep her skin from being burned.


This isn't the only time our family angels have helped us either, the times are countless! Frank and I know that Maelee's other Great Grandparents, and Grandparents were there to help her feel safe in the NICU when Frank and I had to leave, that my camera obsessed Dad helps me with the video camera's at work, and countless other times we have received divine intervention and help in our daily lives. Our Heavenly Father sure loves us and knows all that we do and what He needs to help us with. What an amazing blessing to know that!

PS - Here is Maelee later in the evening enjoying a frosted cinnamon roll in her new dog shirt. They had some dog shirts on clearance at Petsmart ($2.50 regularly $15) and since Petsmart is Maelee's favorite place in the world to be (a new dog to squeal at around every corner. Even a picture on the dog food bag will do) Maelee got one.

2 comments:

cammieandtravis said...

Oh my goodness what a blessing. I am sure glad to here that Maelee is okay. She is soooooooo cute I love those lips!!

loriham said...

Those cinnamon rolls must have been mighty tasty.