I have a slight obsession with zucchini bread lately. Maelee likes it too (which is awesome because Frank doesn't like it so now I don't feel guilty for making it because someone else besides me likes it). Since my favorite veggie spot always has massive zucchini's for a smoking deal I buy them, shred them and freeze them to have on hand to make my favorite snack/breakfast item.
My week 39 blessing for 2008 is zucchini bread not only because it is so tasty (don't you dare ruin it with frosting, you enjoy every last bite of that delectable naked muffin top) but because Maelee helped me make my last batch. I have looked forward to cooking and baking with my kids for a long time since I always had my finger and my nose in my mom's kitchen business. After all that is where I learned that while sugar cookie dough and pie dough look identical they taste nothing alike. Maelee wanted to see what I was doing on the kitchen counter (and I wasn't able to get much done with her attempting to pull my shorts down to get my attention). So I took a chance and pulled a chair up to the counter. I took her little face in my hands and looked into her eyes and said "the second you try to climb on the counter you have to get off the chair," and then plopped her standing on the chair with her own measuring utensils to play with. She did great! I was able to get all the ingredients into the mixer with Maelee listening and being "very responsible" on her chair. So here's to you zucchini bread, may you always be delicious - make my house smell amazing - and bring me to the kitchen with my Maelee (for the first of many baking hours). 
4 comments:
How fun! I love cooking with the kids-- even though it takes twice as long!
I also have a love of zuchinni bread! I just hate cooking so I don't ever get it unless my mom makes it for me!
Looks like fun!
So cute. Jackson helped me bake Justin's birthday cake a couple weeks ago. His contribution was licking the frosting off the beaters.
Post a Comment