As of yesterday we have officially been married five years. It is strange to think about all that has happened to us in 5 years of marriage. There are lots of family members we shared the day with that are now gone from this earth, lots of things we have learned, and lots of things we have done together. After losing 2 jobs, totalling a car and a work truck, getting our apartment robbed, and Frank getting in a near fatal car crash and not being able to walk for 10 weeks all happening within the first year of being married - we didn't know how many more years like that we could handle. But hard times make the good times even better and all that helped us to rely on each other more than anyone else. I am thankful we were able to be married in the Mesa temple , because from this I know that I can be with Frank and our children forever. So even though we jokingly say that 5 years seems like 50, it really doesn't and I love my best friend Frank more than ever.
And for anyone that cares here is a little pre-marriage time line:
Met: August 2002 - Because my two girlfriends were busy arguing over which of them should date Tim Crookston and I was busy trying to figure out how I could date his roommate Frank. I talked Chelsea (the friend who ending up winning the "contest to date Tim" :) into arranging a night with both boys and us.
Engaged: December 2002 - In my parents front yard. Frank had the ring in the glove box of his 1988 Camry (we miss you Lisa) all night with the door to the car unlocked so he wouldn't have to fiddle with the keys to get it out later when he planned on asking me.
Married: March 2003 - On a beautiful spring day in the Mesa, AZ temple and had a reception in my Aunt's garden of Eden backyard.
4 comments:
Congrats you guys!
I remember this blessed occasion. I remember wanting to know you, but not really feeling part of the family quite yet...but knowing you must be pretty great if Frank chose to marry you. You guys are so great. We need to spend more time together as cousins...not kissing cousins though, just cousins.
Congrats!! I remember your first HORRIBLE year!! I knew then that if you guys could get through that, the rest would be a piece of cake! Way to go! We love you guys and always talk about how perfect you are for each other.:) You guys really are a great, amazing couple.:) And then you brought little Maelee into the world!!! What a cutie!
Cute pictures! I havnt seen most of those. Steve's hair is pretty much awesome....feathered mullet! Sweet stuff!
Post a Comment