Sunday, March 23, 2008

Blessing #12 {Completed Dress} & Easter

The blessing for me on week 12 of 2008 is finishing Maelee's Easter dress in time for her to actually wear it on Easter! Gramy B helped us pick out the material and I was able to get it sewn for Easter Sunday. My favorite color is turquoise so hopefully Maelee likes it too, because I will pick it most often when given a choice. Here's to you Easter dress thanks for not falling apart when Maelee was wearing you!

As for the rest of Easter - Frank went and picked out Maelee's Easter basket stuff all by himself and did a fabulous job.
Maelee had fun wearing her bunny ears and butterfly glasses.
She even kept wearing the ears while she ate her breakfast.
We were able to set the camera on a timer and take a quick family picture before we went to church. I loved church today because I got to fill in for Frank's partner teacher in primary and listen to Frank teach a lesson on Christ's resurrection to his class of 11 year olds.
My Mom made me my Easter skirt with the left over material from Maelee's dress.
Then after church Frank and Maelee played with my guitar (I got a guitar for Christmas 3 years ago and desperately wanted to be able to play it and never learned how, but have recently been "inspired" to try and learn again due to my new favorite movie August Rush - love it! I am an admitted cheese ball though so too bad for any movie critics out there who disagree with my taste). Plus we got to have a fabulous Easter feast at my mom's house. Still full 5 hours later....delicious as always. Also it was our oldest niece's birthday today - a whopping 6 years old! Happy birthday Ty! We love you! It was a full and fun Easter day.
How thankful I am to know that Jesus Christ is my older brother. How thankful I am to know that Jesus Christ lived a perfect life on this Earth. How thankful I am to know that he suffered and died for me and all others who have and will live on this Earth. How thankful I am to know that after he suffered and died he was resurrected and lives. He loves me, he wants me to be happy and make right choices so that I can be with him again. I am thankful for the peace and comfort that this knowledge brings to my heart and mind each day.

7 comments:

Ashley said...

Her dress is adorable! You look so cute together in your skirt and her little dress.

Heidi said...

another super cute creation! :) i probably don't need to ask if you made up the pattern yourself... but if you didn't (i'll be shocked), where did you find that?! we've got some nieces that would rock them like maelee did. And Maelee is totally flashing the peace sign with those butterfly sunglasses on! :)

The Fletchies said...

both dresses are amazing! I bet you had so much fun making them. I am really jealous of how talented you are. Just think of what great prom dresses you'll make for your girlies!

Bethany and Cameron said...

You guys are so dang cute! I have a feeling that Haylee will be jealous of Maelee cuz her mom makes her such cute stuff!!

Coree Adams said...

HOW FREAKING CUTE ARE YOUR MATCHING EASTER OUTFITS!!! K that's my goal for next year!! I love it! And Ash has the same bunny ears. And, Frank did a GREAT job with her Easter basket. And...you rock.

Enjoy the Journey said...

Can you stop with all of the talents? I seriously don't think that there is anything that you can't do!

Aimee & Josh Jensen said...

CUTE!
Hopefully you remember me lol
but maybe not since we didn't talk much :)