Thursday, March 20, 2008

Little Things

Here are some of Maelee and my favorite little things that happen during the day:

We take silly pictures so that when our 365 days of Maelee's 1st year picture book is complete, they won't all be boring shots.
We read books. Well I mainly read them, and Maelee hopefully sticks around for the first two pages and then goes on her way. Sometimes she will stop what she is doing to give me a pity glance if I choose to keep reading even after she leaves. Oh and in this picture you can also see Chloe's mouse that she constantly brings to Maelee to throw for her which ends up in Maelee's mouth. (One day Chloe your dream will come true, in the mean time please bring it to me or Frank and we will throw it for you!)
We open the curtains. This always brings both girls to the window with excitement.
We play in the cupboards. Maelee's child development specialist recommended that I clean out some cabinet space for Maelee so she can have "her cabinet" that is OK for her to play in. She seems to really like it.

We also play on the stairs. My theory is that (a) it's exercise and good muscle practice and (b) if we go up and down the stairs a lot now it won't be such a novelty so she won't want to play on them later? I'll let you know how it works out....

And the final and most exciting thing that happens during our day is daddy coming home! All of us get excited when we hear his keys in the door. Now you know some of the life and times of Maelee and Maelee's Mama.

4 comments:

Coree Adams said...

What great ideas! I love the idea having her own cupboard space, and I agree on the stairs thing. I've heard of people doing that for other things too. Great concept. I can't believe how much she is doing!! She is amazing!

Bethany and Cameron said...

Yes, please let me know how the whole "stair" thing works out!:) She is so cute and getting so dang big! Good for her!

Elyse said...

Love the glasses picture! You two sure know how to have a great day!

Enjoy the Journey said...

I lo lo love the zebra onesie! She is so cute! One day I may have a girl and if that day comes then I will be bugging you for your cute hair bow skills!