Sunday, March 2, 2008

Blessing #9 {Empty Enzyme Capsules}

Frank likes to save things. Everything, but especially glass jars. Empty pickle jars, salsa jars, actually ANY and ALL glass jars that come into our house (you would think he grew up during the depression of WWII or something instead of the 80's and 90's, at least my Grandma has a good story behind why she saves everything). If he sees it before I can throw it away I have to save it for an indefinite amount of time. Sometimes when I just can't stand trying to find places for the jars I try and sneak them into the trash but just as I do it he notices its gone and asks about it. Anyway back to the blessing of the week...he also started saving Maelee's empty Creon 5 capsules. For no other good reason other than to see if he could get a whole jar of empty capsules. She takes anyway between 10-12 of them a day so they really pile up. I also sneak these in the trash when I get the chance, but Frank persistently puts the halves back together and saves them. The beginning of this week through several signs sent to us from Maelee caused us to contact her nutritionist and see if maybe we should up her enzymes. Our awesome nutritionist at PCH said yes, try 2 and 1/2 caps to see if it made a difference. We did and Maelee started sleeping all the way through the night again and not wanting to eat at 2:30am! Yeah! I am so excited and glad to be seeing the little situations that arise from not enough enzymes go away. Here's to you empty enzyme capsules (and to Frank for saving them) I didn't miss you when we went from 1 and 1/2 to 2, but I am glad you are still around now that we are at 2 and 1/2.

1 comment:

Emily, Julia, and Annie said...

Watch out, this is how Reidster started. You've seen the garage. He won't even throw away cars that won't work anymore.